Cabbage Jambalaya is very tasty and simple recipe. It is very easy and quick recipe. It is a very different way to use Cabbage. My little son doesn’t like jambalaya but when I make this with a cabbage he eats this like crazy. It is meaty but not too spicy. My whole family loves this food also a friend. It is a great dish for lunch with family. It is very easy to make at home for family and friends. I want to share my own experience about this recipe with you. You just follow all the instructions of this recipe. Read carefully and do exactly for a delicious taste. Precooking time is 20 minutes. Cooking time is only 45 minutes. You can make this recipe within 1 hour 5 minutes. You can serve this cabbage jambalaya 5 to 6 people.
Cabbage Jambalaya – Ingredients:
- Ground beef – 1 pound
- Smoked sausage – 1 pound, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Head cabbage, chopped – 1 medium
- Stewed tomatoes – 1 (14.5 ounces) can
- Water – 14 1/2 fluid ounces
- Uncooked rice – 1 cup
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
Cabbage Jambalaya – Instructions:
- Mix smoked sausage, onion, ground beef, celery, and garlic in a big stock pot over normal-high heat until beef is lightly brown.
- Mix cabbage, tomatoes, water, and rice.
- Flavor this with garlic salt.
- Decrease heat to low gets to a boil.
- Cover this and cook around 35 to 40 minutes, until rice is done.
Cabbage Jambalaya – Reviews:
This was grand! My hubby loved this, I also took some to a friend of mine friend of mine and she wants the recipe. Thank you for a different way to use cabbage.
The whole family loved this! I didn’t put the rice, so I didn’t add the extra liquid (low carb diet for a while). I know that the rice would have put this over the top! Tasty! Thank for sharing this dish for a superb family lunch.
This was super simple to make and t was very delicious. I made a batch of it and was able to reheat it for a few days for lunch.